Table of Contents
Advancing your career will not always be a walk in the park. Even with the best efforts, stress cannot be avoided. In such a case, enthusiasm and motivation can be challenging to sustain. While there are many new and creative ways to handle stress, reading inspirational career quotes can also do the trick. In this article, we will share some motivational quotes that can help boost your spirit when you’re in need of a little inspiration.
Why can reading motivational career quotes be beneficial?
As simple as it may sound, motivational career quotes can be priceless and effective sources of wisdom and guidance. In fact, an independent research study was conducted to determine the impact of motivational posters on employee productivity. The study showed a 33% increase in performance success rate after a two-week trial. Although many factors may impact employee performance, statistics show inspirational quotes can indeed be beneficial. Here’s why.
- Motivational career quotes can help improve your mood and state of mind when you feel unhappy or lack motivation in your job search or at work.
- When you need a little push or some fuel to keep going, motivational career quotes can be of great help.
- Motivational career quotes help you see the bright side of your career journey, creating optimism and hope.
- You can discover wisdom and insight that would be advantageous in your career.
Motivational Career Quotes that are Worth Reading
Without further due, here are some uplifting quotes about careers to help you get going when you’re in need of some motivation.
1) Quotes about finding a job that makes you feel fulfilled
As cliché as it may sound, passion is an important element of a successful career. It not only drives you to enjoy work, but it also helps you overcome challenges in the workplace. When you hit a bump in the road or begin to doubt your abilities, passion is one of the things that will keep you moving forward. If your current job doesn’t make you fulfilled, it might be time to consider a career change. Take inspiration from the following quotes.
- “Choose a job you love, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
- Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I’ll let you in on a little secret. We don’t all love our jobs every day. And doing something you have passion for doesn’t make the work part of it any easier…It just makes you less likely to quit.” – Kate Jacobs
- “Do what you love, and success will follow. Passion is the fuel behind a successful career.” – Meg Whitman
2) Quotes to inspire persistence
The quotes below are an inspiration for job seekers who have applied to countless jobs but haven’t got positive results. Regardless of how qualified or well prepared you are, the chances of your application being rejected are inevitable. As a matter of fact, an average candidate may take 100 to 200 applications to get a job offer. If you’re feeling discouraged, remember that each failed application could be a step closer to your desired role. So, keep going until you get to where you want to be.
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” —Michael Jordan
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” —Thomas A. Edison
- “You always pass failure on your way to success.” – Mickey Rooney
- “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” – Napoleon Hill
- “When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you until it seems that you cannot hold on for a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time when the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
3) Quotes to boost confidence
Confidence plays an essential role in the success of your job search and career advancement. If you yourself don’t believe in what you have to offer, how can you expect someone else to believe in you? Sometimes this is easier said than done, especially when things don’t go as planned. If you need a little push, consider the following quotes to help you overcome your self-doubts.
- “Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.” – Stan Smith
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
- “The way in which we think of ourselves has everything to do with how our world sees us and how we see ourselves successfully acknowledged by the world.” — Arlene Rankin
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you started.” – Marcus Garvey
Motivational career quotes can serve as a shot of espresso for your psyche. They can add a fresh dose of energy, wisdom, and motivation in one swift quick. So, consider making the quotes we shared in this article your go-to source for inspiration. You may not be able to advance your career by simply reading some inspirational words, but they can be helpful if you actually apply and live those words.